Simon Cowell, a judge on Britain’s Got Talent, shocked the co-judges and viewers as he revealed that he was still dealing with a terrible physical condition.
Last year, the 65-year-old TV mogul disclosed that he experiences severe migraines after being forced to skip a few auditions during filming. Cowell dons a pair of red-tinted glasses to protect his eyes while filming in the studio under intense lighting for an extended period of time.
He posted a new picture on Tuesday that showed the judges getting back together at the BGT auditions as the new series’ shooting gets underway.
It appears that Simon is still dealing with migraines a year later because he was donning a pair of the colored lens glasses in the photo.
He started a new series with his fellow judges Bruno Tonioli, Alesha Dixon and Amanda Holden. Simon announced, “We’re back!” as he was in Blackpool for the next audition round.
In February last year, Simon clarified about his health issues on Instagram and informed his “concerned” fans that he wears glasses due to medical reasons.
“Next week we are filming BGT in Manchester – I look forward to seeing you then. PS. This is why I wear these glasses!” he concluded.
Sharing a photo of himself on the judging panel with the spectacles on hand, Simon said, “I just found out according to the internet, I have a ‘mystery illness’.”
He further addressed the concerned people and said that he missed two auditions two weeks ago because he experienced a migraine after spending a lot of time in the filming lights.
Hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly will once again join the judges in this series, and YouTuber KSI will be in attendance as a guest. The series was put on hold in October following the demise of Liam Payne, who gained popularity on Simon’s show, the X Factor, in 2010.
Fremantle UK, a representative for the show’s producer, issued a statement after Liam’s death. “Due to the tragic passing of Liam Payne, we have decided to postpone the Britain’s Got Talent auditions. Our thoughts are with Liam’s friends, family and all who loved him.”
At last year’s Consumer Electronics Show, Honda showed off two futuristic concept cars, the wedge-tastic 0 Saloon and the Space Hub van with a lounge-like interior. While the radical Saloon morphs into a prototype and moves closer to production at CES 2025, the Space Hub has been kicked off stage to make room for the Honda 0 SUV prototype, a much more conventional EV aimed at the crossover-crazy masses. The 0 SUV will evolve into a production model and lead the charge for Honda’s next-generation 0 Series EVs when manufacturing at the company’s new EV Hub in Ohio starts in the first half of 2026.
Designed and engineered in-house, the 0 SUV and 0 Saloon represent a reset for Honda, which has lagged behind the industry in delivering long-range EVs. The new models play catchup on the software front as well, incorporating a new Honda-developed operating system running on a centralized electrical/electronic architecture that unlocks new features.
While exact dimensions haven’t been divulged, Honda describes the 0 prototype as a midsize SUV. In person it appears a little larger than a (compact) CR-V and slightly smaller than a (midsize) Passport, which means it could compete with the GM-built Honda Prologue EV if the two vehicles end up sharing the showroom floor. The 0 distinguishes itself, though, with strong upright proportions that give it a more traditional SUV appearance compared to the wagon-like shape that’s common among electric crossovers.
Inside the 0 prototype offers seating for five and a spacious cargo area that includes two enclosed cubbies behind the thick D-pillars. The cockpit feels modern and upscale thanks in large part to pillar-to-pillar screens running across the dashboard. Three large displays serving as the instrument cluster, infotainment, and passenger screen are flanked by two small monitors for the camera mirrors. Don’t be surprised, though, if the production model sprouts conventional mirrors to meet U.S. regulations.
The driver pilots the 0 SUV with a yoke-style steering wheel and a steer-by-wire system similar to what’s used by the Tesla Cybertruck. With no physical connection to the front tires, the yoke in the prototype automatically rotates 180 degrees when the vehicle is off, providing more clearance for entering and exiting the vehicle.
Honda says the 0 Series will be capable of Level 3 eyes-off-the-road automated driving, which means a driver could watch a movie or join a video conference but would need to remain awake and alert to take control if the vehicle encounters a situation it can’t handle. That said, during a prototype drive last October, we were told that Level 3 capability won’t be available in the U.S. at launch and executives couldn’t shed any additional light on timing at CES 2025.
Whenever eyes-off driver assistance does arrive, expect a cautious rollout. Honda says the system will initially work as a highway traffic-jam assistant at low speeds on certain limited-access roads and that additional capability will be unlocked in time via over-the-air updates.